All my flights for my Europe trip this summer are officially booked. The cities I will be traveling to on my 4-week backpacking trip are:
- Athens + Santorini
- Rome + Venice
We will also be taking the train when summer ticket info/prices are up for cities that are relatively “close”, and we will be staying in a selection of Airbnbs and hostels throughout the trip. My budget is approx. $4000.
For anybody who has traveled to Europe, some specific questions for you, although any advice/tips are greatly appreciated:
- What credit and debit cards did you bring?
- Amount of cash to bring along?
- Opinions on money belts?
- How to not get mugged…
Transportation + Accommodation
- Countries/cities with better hostels?
- Opinions on taking a night train?
- DSLR vs. point-and-shoot camera?
- Backpack recommendations? I’m 5’1″ and currently considering front-loading carry-on backpacks, preferably one that comes with a daypack:
- Hair straightener – voltage converter?
- Small souvenir ideas to collect?
- Things I should do/try in each city?
- Day hikes?
- Foods to try?
- Thrill-seeking activites?
- Things/places to avoid?
P.S. Also as a response to the Discover challenge: Adventure.